Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I have a DISNEYBLUEFAIRY Button and more...

I have a DisneyBlueFairy Button and more...

Come and Put this wonderful 
DisneyBlueFairy Button on your page :)




DisneyBlueFairy Shares



I have been asked a question and I would like to answer this question here for my readers.
Why did I use the Blue Fairy for my Disney Blog?

A little about me, I have always enjoyed working with children, teens, the youth. When I was about twenty-six years old, I went back to college after already having a degree in Graphic Design. I wanted to do something more with my life, help the youth. I went back to school for a year to get my degree in Human Services. 
I then, started working in the school system. I worked with many six through eighth graders and sometimes felt like the blue fairy. I was giving each one of the students their own "Jiminy Cricket" and hoping that they would let their "conscience be their guide!"


I felt like I was saying this many times to the children/teens I was working with...
The Blue Fairy: You must learn to choose between right and wrong.
Pinocchio: Right and wrong? But how will I know?
Jiminy Cricket: [watching] How'll he know!
The Blue Fairy: [to Pinocchio] Your conscience will tell you.

I always hoped that the little "Jiminy Crickets" I gave them would help them...
Jiminy Cricket: Now, you see, the world is full of temptations.
Pinocchio: Temptations?
Jiminy Cricket: Yep, temptations. They're the wrong things that seem right at the time... but... uh... even though the right things may seem wrong sometimes, or sometimes the wrong things,
[chuckles]
Jiminy Cricket: may be right at the wrong time, or visa versa. 

Sometimes, I wish I really was like the Blue Fairy, I had a wand and could go around giving "Jiminy Crickets" to many of the children of today.  Many young children and teens still don't stay away from temptations, and don't know the difference between what is right and what is wrong. 
Pinocchio was a very lucky wooden Puppet that was giving a chance to have a Blue Fairy that gave him a Jiminy Cricket and then helped him learn life lessons.

Remember when the Blue Fairy helped Pinocchio learn a lesson on Lying?
 She cared about him and his well-being and helped guide him.
Sometimes its hard to let a student learn a lesson the hard way,
yet I had always been there to help them see thing through after just the same...
So, that is me, I am one of the MANY Blue Fairies on the world,
giving children/teens a "Jiminy Cricket" and hopes that they grow into 
Young Adults that have a Conscience!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...