Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Please..a moment to say my peace on this sad case...


This has been a tough week for me and so many others who I know so well. Someone I went to college with and lived not far from me was murdered on Sunday. Her son was left in the car and she was taken away. She was brought a few miles away and strangled. I still can't seem to wrap around the thoughts of why someone ...now it's two people, would kill her. Why? She was such a nice person, always helpful. I remember taking a class with her in college and she was always smiling, happy, upbeat. This was just not fair what happened to her. I think of her poor son who is two and now has to grow up without his mom. As I watched the news, I saw friends on the screen crying and talking about her. It made me start thinking of the graduation before me and seeing her walk in her cap and gown. She was in front of one of my friends but I know it was her for she always had a glow. She smiled in line and this just isn't right at all...she wouldn't have died...her life shouldn't have been taken away from her. She was only 33...that is only a year older then me! I am glad that the Vermont police have worked so hard to bring in the suspects so soon. But why would this husband and wife kill this teacher... I am just so blind sided...I have been wanting to get this off my chest...my thoughts on this...today sitting with a few teacher friends of mine in a near by town, trying to all figure this out...all of us knowing her, her family, and her friends... Sharing stories and then just going silent.
All I can say to her is "I am so sorry for what happened to you. I can only imagine what was going through your mind as you were taken away from you car and your son. Dragged and then killed, dropped by a deck miles away...just left as trash near the pond. IT's NOT RIGHT!  You are already missed by so many, everyone is waiting for justice! You should still be here, teaching your class and playing with your son. This life is sometimes not fair at all. May you rest in peace Melissa Jenkins. You will always live on in your son. I am sure many will be there to help raise him and bring him up to know the wonderful mother you are and always will be!" 

Thanks for listening..I have been watching this case, talking with  friends and seeing many flashbacks of this wonderful person. I just had to let out my feelings and thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Words really fail me now. I am so so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. You, your friend and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. My deepest condolences... which seem so inadequate at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sorry that you knew her- this news has rocked our town (outside of Rutland), so I can't even imagine your pain. It is impossible to make sense of a scenario such as this. Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So disturbing. Very, very sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...