Sunday, September 4, 2011

Another great Magical Moment


Wonderful Magical Moment


I worked at Disney World back when I was 22 years old. I just loved making Magical Moments for guests that came into Magic Kingdom. Here is another magical moment I did for a couple that were celebrating their 40th anniversary. 
I was working in Liberty Square. That was I was scheduled to draw/write on the ornaments in Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. This is when people pick out an ornament and come over to have their names, dates, and etc. put on the ornament. I loved this job the most and got to do it once a week at the shop. 
On this day a couple were having their 40th anniversary, they wanted to have an ornament done of Walt Disney World and the date. I talked with them for a few minutes about where they came from, what they loved about Disney and so on. They were a great couple. Then they went to go see their group. 
A little later, their daughter came up and asked me if I could make an anniversary ornament, I didn't have any more slots opened, for I was booked for the day.  I really wanted to do it for them though so I talked with my coordinator and got the "OK". I then asked her if I could add on a few extra touches myself. Their daughter was so happy. Later when she came to get both ornaments, she loved the extra touches I did on the anniversary one . I had added some mickey heads and little fireworks on it for free. I felt so happy inside to know that it was going to hang in their tree that year! Thinking about it now... that was back in 2003, so it won't be long before that couple is celebrating their 50th....Wonder if they will be going to Disney World to celebrate? :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! We'll be celebrating our 20th Anniversary on our next trip - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...