Monday, January 30, 2012

The Joys of Downtown Disney

Inside Earl of Sandwich:)
So, last week, I had made a bucket list of things I wanted to do when I go "DISNEY", this made me start thinking of places I would like to visit when I go back to Walt Disney World next time. There is so much to do at WDW that you can't always do everything in one trip. Every time I travel to WDW, I try to do something different, or something I haven't done in a while.
So let just look at Downtown Disney Area. There is so much to do here that you could start in the morning and leave at night and still think of something to come back to do the next day. I love Disney Downtown Area. there are so many shops in each section, Downtown Disney Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and Downtown Disney West Side. When I go to Downtown Disney I get off at the bus stop in Marketplace. There is so many great Disney related shops such as The Art of Disney, Goofy's Candy Company, Disney's Days of Christmas, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutigue, Once Upon A Toy, World Of Disney and more! I always find myself shopping in all of these stores, now if you are staying on Disney Property, you can shop and send the packages back to your resort. You can do this as long as you are not leaving the next day, so this way, you can shop and not have to worry about bring bags with you as you enjoy the Downtown Area.
If you want some fun Entertainment in the Downtown Disney Area, then you and the whole family can enjoy
Characters of Flight
DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive theme park! I loved this park and it's all indoors. I first went to this park while I was working at WDW. My favorite ride inside was the roller coaster, for you get to design the coaster, and then get to ride what you designed. It was virtual reality at it's best! There are five floors, you start at the up and work your way down and it's a blast for everyone.
Now something else you might really enjoy is La Nouba, by the world-famous Cirque du Soleil! I loved watching this performance when I went back in 2003. I remember feeling like time by flew by for I was so memorized by the show the acrobats, athletes and performance artists put on! You will not be let down when you see this show, I hope to go there again next time I am at WDW.
Now, in Downtown Disney on the West Side, they put in an attraction back in 2010, called Characters In Flight! You get into a huge balloon and travel up 400ft into the air. You see 360 degrees of Disney Property. I loved seeing the resorts and parks for the Characters of Flight which I did back in April 2010, about a month after it opened. It was so worth going up and taking a look around!
Lots of Dining choices when you are at Downtown Disney. there are quick places to eat like Earl of Sandwich! This place is my favorite. The line might look long but it moves fast! The sandwich is amazing and we eat there every time we are down at WDW.
T-REX
They have some fun places for families to enjoy a meal together like Rainforest Cafe and T-REX. Kids find the animated animals and dinosaurs fun!
Great place for adults is Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Portobello and Bongos Cuban Cafe.
There is also AMC Downtown Disney 24 to catch a movie at and House of Blues to enjoy some nighttime entertainment!
There is so much to do at Downtown Disney and Disney is always adding new shops, and attractions in this area. It's a places where you will want to visit when you are at WDW. I know when I head down, there are many places here that I need to check out again and new ones to enjoy!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...