Sunday, June 19, 2011

Speading the Disney Magic

Let me tell you about a small girl that I met on one of my Disney Trips with my friends. I went to Disney for ten days back in 2004 with two of my Disney roommates. We were having a fun day at the Disney's Hollywood Studios! It was about half way through our day at the park when we ran into this wonderful little girl and her mom.
My friends and I were waiting in the line for the Voyage of The Little Mermaid when the lady in front of us asked us if we could watch her daughter while she went to buy a drink. We said we would be happy to watch her. We talked with the girl and told her how we used to all work for Disney. She was a wonderful eight year old girl. I wish I could remember her name. The little girl seemed sad though for being at Disney, so we tried to cheer her up in line. We then talked with her mom for while waiting to go see the attraction. By the time we got into The Little Mermaid, we had made plans to go to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. The Little girl was to afraid to go on, so one of my roommates stayed out with her while the rest of us went on. After we played in the store, we all put on wigs with the girl. She laughed, she loved the wigs. Then we all decided to meet up for Fantasmic! The little girl was so happy to see us again. She walked with us to get snacks, we decided to treat her to some popcorn and a drink. She was so happy to be around us. We talked with her and had fun during the show. I noticed that she smiling more. Sadly it was time to go, we bought her a surprise glow Tinkerbell. As the little girl was talking ahead with one of my roommates, her mom chatted with my other roommate and I. This is what she told us!
"Thanks so much for all you guys did for my daughter. I haven't seen her smile like this for awhile. I brought her down to Disney to help her with her dad's and my divorce. She has been taking it very hard. You guys really made her day a happier one and I can't thank you enough for all you did for her!"
I was shocked to hear this but now it made since why the girl was so sad when we first saw her. I am so glad we got to make her day a little more brighter. I always feel so good when I can spread the Disney Magic around with others!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...